- Field robotics: agriculture, inspection and surveillance
- Bio-inspired systems: micro aerial vehicles, dynamics, aerodynamics, locomotion control, smart actuation
R&D and industry consulting projects:
- (PI) Remote monitoring of COVID-19 patients with an IoT system. Consortia: Pontificia Universidad Javeriana Bogota, Hospital Universitario San Ignacio (HUSI), Centro de Excelencia y Apropiación en Internet de las Cosas (CEA-IoT). Funded by MinCiencias. Conv. 1015 (2020)
- (co-PI) OMICAS: Multiscale crop ‘omics’ characterization for optimized breeding of food and non-food products. Consortia: Pontificia Universidad Javeriana Cali y Bogotá, Universidad de los Andes, Universidad Icesi, Universidad del Quindío, Universidad de Ibagué, Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical – CIAT, Cenicaña, California Institute of Technology – USA, National Institute of Botanic Agriculture en Cambridge -UK, The University of Tokyo – Japan y University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign-USA, entre otros. Funded by: WORLD-BANK & COLCIENCIAS conv. 792 2018. (2019-2023). URL: https://www.omicas.co
- (PI) EMG-based control of a robotic exoskeleton for hand-joint rehabilitation. Funded by: PUJ. (2017-2019)
- (co-PI, project collaboration) Navigation control of an underwater fish-like robot for monitoring and inspection. Lead by prof. Oscar Curet at Florida Atlantic University, USA – Lab for Fluid Dynamics of Biological and Bio-Inspired Systems.
- (Consulting R&D) Exoskeleton for powerline workers. Sponsored by ENEL-CODENSA (2019-2020)
- (PI) Aerial sensing and monitoring of rice crop fields applying precision agriculture techniques. Consortia: PUJ and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture -CIAT. Funded by: COLCIENCIAS conv. 715 2015. (2016-2019).
- (PI) Underwater mapping and sensing in large fish farms using an autonomous ROV. (2016-2017).
- (PI) Modelling, simulation and optimization of Ground-Penetrating-Radar -GPR. Funded by: PUJ. (2016-2017)
- Center for the Internet of Things – CEA IoT. Funded by Ministry of Information Technology and Communications -MINTIC (2016-2017)
- Stability and control strategies in hybrid dynamic systems applied to power converters. In cooperation with INSA de Lyon Laboratoire AMPERE in France. Funded by: COLCIENCIAS. (2014-2017).
- (PI) Aerial robot applied for autonomous detection of landmines using vision and ground-penetrating radar (GPR). Funded by: PUJ. (2014-2016)
- Design and development of a mobile robot for inspection and repair of hydro-pipes. Consortia: PUJ, Universidad Militar Nueva Granada, Hidráulica y Urbanismo Ltda. Funded by: COLCIENCIAS. (2012-2016)
- Smart Industrial Vision: application to Flexible Manufacturing Systems and AGVs. Funded by: PUJ. (2014-2016)
- Design and implementation of a pollution network for the Universidad Javeriana’s campus. Funded by: PUJ. (2014–2016)
- Modular sensors applied to search and rescue robots. Funded by: PUJ. (2013–2015)
- (PI) De-MiBot: visual image mosaicing with an aerial robot applied to landmine detection in rural scenarios. Funded by: PUJ. (2013-2014)
@UPM, Madrid, Spain:
- (PI) BaTboT (Doctoral research): A bio-inspired morphing wing flapping MAV. In collaboration with Breuer Laboratory at Brown University. Funded by the Autonomous Community of Madrid (CAM). Identifier CPI/0620/2008.
- RHEA: Robot Fleets for Highly Effective Agriculture and Forestry Management. Funded by FP7 European Commission. Identifier:NMP-CP-IP 245986-2 RHEA
- iTuna: Bio-inspired fish locomotion using Shape Memory Alloys. Developed by C. Rossi and W. Coral at Bio-inspired Systems Lab UPM-CSIC
- ROTOS: Multi-robot system for outdoor infrastructure protection. Funded by Spain Ministry of Education and Science. Identifier: DPI 2010-17998.
- RoboCity2030-II, Funded by Autonomous Community of Madrid (CAM). Identifier (S-0505/DPI/000235).
- BaLTS: BADA aircraft Lift Trajectory Simulator for commercial aircraft control assistance in the take-off and landing maneuvers. Sponsored and funded by INDRA Company (2008-2009) -https://www.indra.es
- FRACTAL: Fleet of Cooperative Terrestrial and Aerial Robot. Funded by Spain Ministry of Education and Science Identifier: DPI 2006-03444.
- RoboCity2030, Funded by Autonomous Community of Madrid (CAM). Identifier (S2009/DPI-1559)
- Smart Materials and Structures -IOP-.
- Journal of Systems and Control Engineering.
- International Journal of Advanced Robotics Systems -Intech-.
- IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS).
- IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA).